ABOUT THIS WINE: Handcrafted crisp and vibrant dry-style Riesling harvested from the boutique
Puketapu block. Fresh and fruit-forward, with great cellaring potential.
VINEYARD: Awatere Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand. Puketapu (Sacred Hill) Block. Planted 2002.
2.89ha. Dashwood shallow silt loam.
• aromas of citrus zest, green apple and subtle spring florals
• mouth-filling apple, lemon, white peach and sweet lime on the palate
• abundant natural acidity and mineral notes -will continue to develop with careful cellaring
• near perfect flowering conditions
• a warmer-than-average January followed by a very wet, challenging February
• rigorous canopy management and fruit thinning
• early hand-harvest due to the warmer season
• a single parcel of carefully hand-picked grapes
• clear free-run pressed juice was transferred directly to stainless steel tanks
• harder pressings were allowed to gently oxidise in order to soften harsh phenolics before blending
• ferment with a specialist Riesling yeast at cool temperatures to capture aromatics and freshness
• the wine was racked off yeast lees and left in tank allowing flavour compounds to develop and integrate