ABOUT THIS WINE: Dark fruits and smoky, spicy French oak meets ripe plum,balanced smooth tannins and
subtle earthy notes. Acomplex yet elegant Nelson Pinot Noir.
VINEYARD: Upper Moutere, Nelson, New Zealand.Tarakona (Dragonfly, or Dragon )Block. Planted 2005.
2.0ha. Ancient Moutere alluvium clay soils,featuring deeply weathered and dissected gravels.
• Avibrant ruby redhue inthe glass
• richdark fruits and smoky, spicy Frenchoak on the nose
• apalate of ripe plum, subtle earthynotes and balanced smooth tannins
• the growing seasonbeganwithcooler temperatures during flowering impacting fruit set and resulting inlowto moderate yields
• a cooler summer broughthigher thanusual levels of precipitationto the region
• cleanfruit atideal ripeness levelswas achieved through meticulous vineyard management allowing light and airflowinto the canopy
• grapeswere gentlyhand-harvested, days apartto ensure maximum ripeness and quality
• lightly crushed and destemmed fruitwasheld in stainless steelfor around six days
• the mustwas slowlywarmed and inoculatedwith specifically selected yeasts
• anextended maturationperiod onskins allowed for a gentle and balanced extractionof colour and tannin
• the wine was developed in French oak barriques before secondary malolactic fermentation